Whenever I am unsure about what to wear you can pretty much bet your bottom dollar I’ll grab a striped shirt. Paired with my trusty 501s, or a little skirt for the evening. For me its the perfect piece that makes you look smart but also not having tried ‘too much’. The ‘grabbed your mans shirt and flung it on’ sort of vibe. When I have a little more confidence the buttons edge lower for a little glimpse of something lacy underneath. That simple masculine/feminine rule.
If you don’t already have a striped shirt in your wardrobe – its time to get one. Such an easy thing to throw on without a moments thought. Try a few shapes on to see what you prefer – boyfriend, fitted, oversized. I love an oversized fit… tucked into something tight on the waist.
Five style tips for your striped shirt
- Tuck. Whether its back and front or just the front always tuck it into your bottom half to show off your waist.
- Pair with denim for a smarter relaxed look.
- Throw on over your leather/pleather leggings with a big oversized style shirt.
- Wear open and loose with a mini skirt in the evenings.
- Add feminine accessories like simple gold jewellery and a delicate handbag to play with your opposites.
Shop my edit here and below is a healthy dollop of style inspo for your viewing pleasure…