If you buy one jacket this Spring make it a ‘Shacket’…. and a military one at that. The universally flattering khaki material looks great dressed up and down and can be worn layered and singular – weather dependent. You can belt it, tuck it, wear it loose, tie it up or tie it around your waist. It gives instant nonchalant cool and will stand the test of time as a classic in your wardrobe not just this season but into Summer, Autumn and Winter.
- Don’t buy it too tight or it’ll only ever be a shirt never a shirt-jacket. If you prefer showing your figure off then opt for one of the designs with a pull-string waist.
- Check that it’s comfortable and soft enough moving your arms around in – too hard and it’ll always look rigid and ‘new’…. the worn in look is the best look.
- Wear it open at the neck with a Spring t-shirt or casual shirt underneath and then loosely tuck it into the top of your trousers.
- Wear it as a jacket with an evening look to give a casual care-free ‘I haven’t tried too hard’ feel to your outfit.
- Add a belt – statement or super simple leather skinny – with some jeans to create a beautiful silhouette.
- Keep playing with your opposites – if you’re wearing it in a masculine way then opt for some girly accessories or hair down. Feminine styling – add aviators and biker boots no problem.
Shop my edit at the bottom… and for some stylish inspiration these ladies show you how its done. From Anine Bing cool to festival boho embellished design.