I recently pulled my old faithful red jumper from its storage hibernation and wore with a pleated leopard print skirt and some ankle boots. Oversized, hanging off the shoulder, just enough warmth you don’t need to bother with a jacket… and surprisingly very ‘this season’.
From deep red to tomato red it is so easy to pair with blue denim for a pop of colour, leopard print for a fashion edge, and black for simple chic. It’s brightens up a tired face (me) and exudes confidence – even when you’re lacking.
My top tips:
- Go oversized
- The brighter the better
- Ribs and detail make a red knit look more expensive than it really is
- If you can – invest, it will last for years to come
- Pull it over your evening look instead of a coat – instant cool
- Pair with a red lip if you’re feeling brave
- Tie it around your waist when its too warm for street chic
- Roll up the sleeves and tuck in the front for added attitude
- Keep your bottom half stream lined to avoid looking too bulky
- Wear with confidence and enjoy the attention!
I bought mine two years ago from H&M – a nod to the incredible Isabel Marant design that was sold out that Winter – but I have linked some of my favourites on the highstreet below these gorgeous inspiration shots.