As we head into June we are well and truly into wedding season, and one of my most asked for posts is about wedding guest attire. It can be tricky dressing for a wedding, especially if you’re not really a heels and dress kinda girl. So my advice – the same advice I give to holiday dressing, just be yourself.
If you would normally wear minimalist then don’t go all out on a floral maxi, choose a chic trouser suit and pair it with a simple pair of heels and an elegant clutch. Normally at home in jeans and a t-shirt? Then take the same silhouette and glam it up with a comfortable and stylishly-simple jumpsuit. Wear only what you would normally wear but with a little wedding twist.
The Do’s and Don’ts
- Never wear white – not everyone agrees but its the Brides special day – if she wants to wear white let her shine.
- If you buy new shoes, wear them around the house beforehand. Nothing worse than being in painful shoes and having a long drinks reception with no seats!
- Black is ok – a chic black dress can look beautiful for a wedding styled with the right accessories. Think cocktail not funeral.
- Jewellery – it can make or break an outfit. Delicate pieces give a romantic feel to most outfits ideal for a wedding.
- Hats – not for everyone, if you don’t feel comfortable don’t force it.
- Don’t try and be a bridesmaid – steer clear of all bridesmaid style dresses, go modern or boho but never Coast or TwoBirds!
- Don’t feel it has to be new – wearing an old favourite is always a good idea, far less likely to have a doppelgänger.
- Consider the rain – I ruined a pair of Louboutins after standing on wet grass for hours on end. Devastated is an understatement.
- Think comfort – weddings can be long days with a lot of eating and drinking so a tight waistband or awkward straps are not ideal.
- Most importantly – wear what makes you feel good.
And if you’re looking for inspiration look no further than Miss Moss and these stylish ladies… with my some of my favourite looks to shop now below.
And here are some of my favourite looks to shop now…
Thanks for reading.